TheVisionMachine is a scholarly platform for critically engaging the intersection of war, peace, and media. Using a multimedia approach, the site incorporates pod/vodcasts, media analysis, documentary clips, and links to larger bodies of work. The site is operated by a global group of scholars in the fields of International Relations, Media Production, and Communication Studies.
The site fosters interactive and in-depth engagement through:
- Spotlights. Featured micro-documentaries and visual artefacts that examine the intersection between media, war and peace.
- Innerviews. In-depth interviews with leading thinkers and practitioners in the field.
- Social media presence through Twitter, Facebook, Vim
eo, and YouTube.
- Ivory Tower 2.0. A specialised discussion forum around how digital new media offers new opportunities and challenges to the practices of academics.
- Free membership to anyone (from academics to artists, from practitioners to the interested global citizen, from peace activists to military personnel).